Sleep & Health
Sleep & Health
- Healthy sleep habits can make a big difference in your quality of life. Having healthy sleep habits is often referred to as having good “sleep hygiene’’.
- Achieving a good night’s sleep is very important because it brightens up your face the next day, and puts in good spirits. There are varied factors that control the way you sleep, and how well you sleep so that you wake up rested and ready to face the new day.
- Sleep is essential for everyone. A lack of sleep can contribute to failing health and increased pain. The spine, in particular, greatly benefits from adequate sleep.
- The spine works hard all day supporting the body and its functions. A period of rest is essential to maintain this activity. An inadequate sleep surface, however, can make this impossible. Imagine what a wonderful world it would be, to have a sweet dream every day of the year?
- Stick to a constant sleeping and waking up time, even on weekends. However make sure the hours of sleep time is not less than 8 hours.
- Exercise daily. Vigorous exercise is best, but even light exercise is better than no activity. Exercise at any time of the day, though not at the expense of your sleep. It does great wonders to the body.
- Design your sleep environment to establish the conditions you need for sleep. In other words make your bedroom or sleeping area as comfortable as can be; with as minimal distractions as possible.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow. Make sure your mattress is comfortable and supportive. Enquire from your mattress vendor a most suitable mattress to support your body weight. Ensure too, you lie on the mattress before purchase to enable purchasing a most suitable sleeping gear.